The best facial treatment for acne is ultimately the treatment that gets rid of your acne and leaves your skin free of spots, acne pits and acne pigmentation, as well as hopefully leaving your skin smooth and flawless!!
So the best acne treatment is the one that achieves your goals, so firstly let’s look at what are your acne goals?
There are four different levels of acne so one person’s goals may differ slightly from another, which means the treatments for each person may alter.
So task number one in your quest for acne-free skin is to determine your goals:
- Acne spots?
- Acne pits and scars?
- Acne pigmentation
These and the extent of them are the key information a professional skin practitioner will need to find out from you.
Next, determining the ‘why’ you have acne can help your skin expert choose the best ‘how’ to get rid of it. Such as:
- Dead skin cells
- Certain Medications
- Overactive oil glands
- Plugged pores
- Sun exposure
As much as clinics may want to bamboozle you with ‘science’ there are actually only 3 types of non-invasive acne busting treatments to combat your acne concerns. Each treatment performs a different task:
1. Re-balance the skin’s oil production, kill the bacteria within your skin and unblock any plugged pores which all lead to stopping the production of acne spots, then
2. Stimulate collagen and elastin production to remove your acne scarring and improve skin texture, and finally
3. Resurface the skin to remove acne pigmentation and bring life & luminosity back to your skin
Sounds simple? Well, there are a number of different technologies that can perform these steps and selecting the right one for you is key eg.
- Rebalancing technologies include: Laser, Professional Skin Peels, Light Emitting Diode (LED) and Galvanic High Frequency
- Stimulating technologies include: Professional Skin Peels, Micro-needling, Laser, HIFU, Radio Frequency and Ultrasound
- Resurfacing technologies: Professional Skin Peels, Microdermabrasion and Laser
To complicate things a bit further certain skins react better to some technologies than others, so a skilled practitioner should perform a thorough consultation and be able to select what they believe is best for your skin (providing the clinic possesses sufficient technologies within the facility).
What if the results from the initial choice of equipment could be improved by changing to a different technology? Skin can also get bored of repeated treatments with the same technology so make sure that any course of treatments purchased includes the flexibility of different technologies at no extra cost.
Also one final thing to think about – with more than one action to be performed (rebalancing, stimulating and resurfacing) having access to a good number of technologies within a clinic is a must!!!
Wow… confused yet?
So, how does your newly acquired knowledge help you to choose the ‘best acne facial treatments for you??
3 Essential Steps To Ensuring You Get ‘The Best Facial Treatment’ For Acne:
- Have a consultation with a skin Aesthetician at a reputable clinic
- Choose a ‘multiple technology’ option (Check the clinic’s website and ask if they sell a course of multiple technologies – Most companies will not do this)
- Ensure that every few treatments the technologies are changed to maximise results.
Having been empowered with this new found knowledge make your life simple by checking out the Beautology ‘Mytime Restore Membership Programme’ which has been specifically created with the above in mind:
- Each treatment lasts 65 minutes and performs re-balancing, stimulation and re-surfacing
- Multiple technologies are used in each treatment
- To maximise results your Skin specialist is able to change the technologies as treatments progress without extra costs for most technologies
- Each treatment is a fixed price and is based on a membership scheme with a minimum term of 3 treatments and therefore does not require commitment to purchasing a course of 6 or 8 treatments.
- As The Beautology Clinic in Bristol possesses one of the widest range of technologies in the UK, (including every one mentioned above) you are sure to receive the right ones for you.